- You can forget about a Wi-Fi network on your Android telephone or pill with a few faucets, if you don’t want your device to immediately join to weak networks.
- Telephones and tablets instantly recall Wi-Fi networks that you log into so that you do not have to re-enter the password just about every time you get house or go to a friend’s dwelling.
- After you have overlooked a Wi-Fi community, you can even now log into it once more — your mobile phone just will never hook up mechanically.
- Take a look at Organization Insider’s Tech Reference library for extra stories.
Generally, your phone’s potential to keep in mind a Wi-Fi network is a good thing. It implies you you should not require to worry about remembering to hook up to your Wi-Fi each and every time you get property, or question your friend for their Wi-Fi password just about every time you visit their home.
On the other hand, there are some events in which your cellular phone remembering a sure Wi-Fi network could be an annoyance. For case in point, if you went to a neighbor’s home and applied their community, your mobile phone may perhaps nonetheless link to it from time to time, offering you a extremely weak sign. Or possibly you once hooked up to a totally free community community — it is really most likely greater that your mobile phone not routinely join to that both, for safety causes.
Luckily for us, you can make your Android telephone forget about Wi-Fi networks really conveniently. When you do this, your phone will no longer quickly join to the community when it really is in array. If you do want to link to it once more, you will need to manually choose it and re-enter the password.
How to forget a Wi-Fi network on Android
1. Open your Android’s Options app.
2. Faucet “Community & online.”
3. In the “Community & net” menu, tap “Wi-Fi.”
4. Locate the Wi-Fi network you want to neglect, then tap the “Options” button to the right of it.
5. Straight less than the name of the network, tap the trashcan icon labeled “Forget” to forget about the network.
Insider Inc. gets a commission when you buy as a result of our backlinks.